Board of Directors 2010
Erich M. Jenkins Jr., Chairman of the Board and Executive Director
Erich has a Airframe & Powerplant certification and been a Supervisor of Aviation Mechanics for the past 14 years at TIMCO. He has extensive experience and expertise in auto mechanics and builds race cars as a hobby. Erich served in the United States Marine Corp. where he received an honorable discharge.
Tamsin D. Jenkins, Vice Chair of the Board and Co-Executive Director.
Tamsin is a Business Analyst for Legacy Consultant Pharmacy. Tamsin graduated with a MBA in Nonprofit Management from Marylhurst University in 2012 and a B.S. in Business Administration with a concentration in International Management from High Point University in 2007. Tamsin has extensive experience in training & development, event coordination, and client services.
Okima B. Clemons, New Members Committee Chairperson
Okima is a Internet Technology Help Desk Specialist with the City of Charlotte. She has worked in IT for the past 12 years and has extensive knowledge in internet technology and client relations.
Bring Your Leadership
Be a Board Member!
If you are looking for opportunities for professional development, experience with team building and decision-making, and a way to make a long-term difference in our community,joining Jenkins Motor Sports Vocational Automotive Youth Training Center’s Board of Directors may be for you!
Why Be a Member of JMS-VAYTC’s Board of Directors?
Are you looking to add a leadership component to your volunteer activities or resume? As a director you are responsible for setting the organization’s mission and guiding it in accomplishing its vision.
You will have an opportunity to use your special knowledge – be it in marketing, finance, or event planning – in a manner that will help shape the organization for years to come. You will also meet new people who share your interests, and make a difference in our community.
The greatest reward you will receive is helping disadvantaged youth get back on the right course to achieve a successful and rewarding life.
What would my job be as a board member?
- Keep the organization’s mission, values, and vision out front.
- Long range planning for the organization.
- Monitor fiscal management and maintain accountability to funders and donors.
- Review and approve the annual budget, major program plans, and organizational policies.
- Ensure the adequate resources are available to the organization.
- Evaluate the organizational effectiveness.
- Hire and evaluate the executive director.
- Represent public need and interest within the organization.
- Represent the organization to the public, especially to sources of financial support.
Board members and Staff identify prospective board members. These are
individuals who have demonstrated leadership and commitment to values shared by JMS-VAYTC.
• Prospects receive a package containing information about JMS-VAYTC, its
programs, bylaws, committee descriptions, projects, Memo of
Understanding and additional information to assist in understanding the
commitment that will be required. Qualified prospects are then invited to
interview at a Board meeting, orientation session, or other social event.
• Upon completion of the interview, the Board will vote whether or not to
accept the prospective member to serve on the Board of Directors.
To apply click here to download a copy of the Board of Director's application and email it to [email protected].